Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Best Is Yet To Come

It has almost been 3 months since I graduated from Purdue University. Scary... That means 3 more til' I gotta start paying back my student loans. Time certainly is running short in that department, along with many other things. A year ago I wasn't really worried about much. I had a year of school left, I had a plan after school ended, and I was entering into a relationship. From experiencing the last year, things do not work out as planned. But, let me tell you all, the best is yet to come.


Frank Sinatra - the original OG

Last week I found out that my current job as the web design/content manager at Purdue University for OFE, MEP, and WIEP, will cease come the end of September. Like most things in life, this is bitter sweet. I'm happy because it gives me complete freedom to focus on me. I have all the time in the world to apply for jobs, add to my portfolio, and experiment in other forms of creation. This makes me extremely happy! But, I'm also saddened by the fact that I will have no income 2 weeks after I'm done. Freelance will have to suffice in the mean time of me figuring out a real big boy job. The people that I've surrounded myself with at work have helped me with so much, and provided me with a multitude of tools for me to excel in life. I really can't thank them all enough. Missing them will be the worst part.

My plan until then is work as many hours as possible. I haven a decent amount of money saved up already just from the past few months. I'm surprised granted that I finished paying off bills, credit card, parts for my car, parts for my computer, supplements, some groceries, and other daily expenses. I've made good progress on my project so far. I'd even go so far as to say I'm 50% done. It has a very unique style to it (in my opinion), and I finally feel like I'm really understanding how to really compose a motion graphics piece. At first I was all about using as many different techniques and visual effects as possible, but I thank Mr. Kanye West (aka God)  for understanding that it's about making variables complement each other. We all know the 'Keep It Simple Stupid', but it's hard to keep that rule in check when creating something. We all want things to be the best, but we can't let it get out of control.  

Life at home is beginning to really wear on me. It could be the feeling of being stuck inside by myself doing work for 8-10 hours a day, but I'm growing irritated. I enjoy going to Purdue to work because it allows me the opportunity to step out and be among people. I just have to keep at it, and not let the vexation get the best of me. 


Collage I made back in High School art class

In brighter news, I saw an on-person footage of an officer refusing to shoot an individual who was running toward him telling the cop to shoot. This one incident made me proud to have this officer in my country. The video does much more justice than me trying to explain it. The officer is from Ohio, and has only been a cop for a year. If it was a more experienced officer, he probably would've shot... This is totally my opinion, but, I think as an officer you're supposed to put everyone else's life ahead of yours. This is the complete opposite of how their trained. They're working for us, the taxpayers. That doesn't give us an excuse to treat them like trash either. Mutual respect and admiration for each other. Anyway, here's the video.


It's that time again. I hope I entertained all of you, and it means a lot to have my thoughts and opinions heard. Keep smiling and working hard, and appreciating the time with those around us. As usual, let's end on a positive fashion.

"I think that we all do heroic things, but hero is not a noun, it's a verb."-Robert Downey, Jr.

Peace,
Andrew Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment