Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Take Care

It's a late Wednesday night and here I am tired and ready to call it a night, but I wanted to share what I've been up to, and what's been on my mind for the millions and millions of my fans!

This past weekend, I worked on a new art project. It's going to be a 30-sec or so video for my brother's business. For two years now I've been telling him that I would make something for his business. For those two years, I always started a month or so right before school started so I always eventually ran out of time. Well, I'm done with school and I need a great portfolio piece, plus, I have a promise to keep. I have the concept in my head for the whole video, but for now I'm working on just the end title sequence where his business and occupation come up. The plan is to tie this up with the main bulk of the video. I'm not going to give anything away but I'm really excited! The end title sequence deal is 65% done, and the other part is 10% completed. I'm thinking it'll take a month to get it all done between focusing on work at Purdue and seeing friends over the weekend. I'm feeling so generous today that I even took a screenshot of what I have. Here it is!


Work at Purdue is going well. I enjoy the people I see when I'm there, and I've learned a ton the past few years. The topic came up last week about possibly extending my time there. I'd be signed on as a "freelance" employee. Nothing is really set in stone, the idea just got tossed around. If it does happen I'd be extremely appreciative because it takes away stress of trying to get money while I'm still looking for a job out of state. I already told my boss that the amount of hours I put in would be cut in half. I'm putting in on average of 30-32 hours a week. I've been using Thursdays and either a Saturday or Sunday as my days for project work and job searching. I know I can't keep up this routine. She seemed very understanding, and my other boss was the same. I've been blessed to have known the individuals that I've been working with. Moving on will be tough, but I have to do it. 

What are my opinions of what's going on in the world and stuff? I've been hearing discussions about police reform in the United States. I think this is much needed. I haven't had any first hand personal problems with cops, but there are a shit ton of reports of cover-ups, officers even abusing canine units, and the fact that almost 600 deaths have been caused on unarmed citizens by police offers JUST IN THIS YEAR! For the longest time I've had a shitty opinion of cops. I know this is wrong. I've been educated and shown by a lovely lady that I need to be thankful that there are people out there risking their lives for all of us. And I do thank them! I don't want to blame this all on them too. Let's face it, for the longest time, the average citizen have had a negative attitude toward officers. This reform in my mind can't just be for cops. It has to be for the public too. Let's treat each other better. Stop the police harassing, and stop the over-aggression toward citizens! 

I also want to chime in quickly about the Presidential election in 2016. I like to consider myself more conservative about most policies except for social issues; which is why it's hard to say that I'm kind of thinking about supporting Bernie Sanders. He's very left, but our country is in need of a change. I don't see real change with any other candidate, and all of them are wall-street and corporate slaves. Maybe I'm crazy, but for years everyone's lives are getting more difficult. I think this is a massive first step in the right direction. Or not...

Personal life wise I've been reflecting about a lot. I look back to a year ago and I remember being more loving toward people in my inner circle and outside of it. I was more confident in myself, much more understanding and caring, and I had a plan. I've been saying this stuff for months. I knew what was missing and what was wrong with me, but I didn't REALLY know. I had a habit of pointing the finger and not understanding the ramifications of my actions. I don't want to get too deep because I still don't really know how I'm feeling. Life has been tough personally for me. I don't quite have my bearings straight. I promise that once I do, I'll share it with all of you. I do have an action plan though.

-Keep up the work with Purdue for as long as I can. Do it until I'm no longer fulfilled with it, or until I absolutely need to leave.

-Keep working on personal projects. Never stop working on something! And add variety to what I'm doing and learning.

-Meditate everyday!

-Keep working out!

-Keep in touch with those I care about!

-Keep applying for jobs.

-Figure out which doors to keep open and which to close.

-Keep loving what I do and those around me!

One day at a time. Keep enjoying the moment even though it has been difficult. That's the key to happiness. It's that time again. I will leave you all with a piece of wisdom from a wise man. He's helped me with so much in my life, and I've never even met the man. Check out his YouTube Channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLrI-dOLyDbRnPyUeWadsOg   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ASolYU_Yh3yShLFQC0stg

"Growing Stronger is about accumulating wisdom, learning from your mistakes, and inspiring others to become The Strongest Version of Themselves" -Elliott Hulse

Oh. Also Check and my brothers website  http://www.rose3d.com/ and blog http://rose3d.com/blog/

Peace,
Andrew Rose

P.S. Sorry for  my shitty grammar. I'm really tired, plus, I'm not that great at writing either.

No comments:

Post a Comment